Russian tours one-day trip to The Great Novgorod, duration approximately 8 hours. Individual tour to the Great Novgorod near the St. Petersburg is one of the best tours in Russia.
The Holarussia company offer you an individual tour to the Great Novgorod – one of the ancient towns of Russia, the center of religion and culture
- During the tour to the Great Novgorod near the St. Petersburg you will see with your own eyes the numerous invaluable 10th – 11th centuries’ historical architectural and cultural monuments. You will have the chance to plunge into the atmosphere of this unique town, where you shall imbibe the spirit of the Great Russian history. Ancient and forever young Great Novgorod is the best place on the planet that allows you to touch upon the Russian roots.
- During the one-day individual St. Petersburg excursion you will be able to lodge in the memory the views of the authentic ancient Russian town: Yaroslav’s Court – the ethical and economical center of the Great Novgorod in 11th-15th centuries.
During the tour to the Great Novgorod you will see the following valuable architectural landmarks:
- Nikolo-Dvorischensky Cathedral
- The Friday Monastery
- The Procopius Church
- The Assumption Monastery
- The Church of Ivan on Okop
- The Gate Tower of the Gostiny Dvor
St. Yury Monastery is an active 12th century monastery – which is a part of the great natural panorama. The main church of the St. Yury Monastery – St. George cathedral is amazingly harmonious as if carved out of a solid piece of white stone. Inside of the monastery you can see fragments of the fresco painting of the 12th century.
The museum of wooden architecture “Vitoslavlitsy” is a collection of ancient wooden structures, brought to this place from different parts of the Novgorod region.
During the tour to the Great Novgorod you will see:
- log churches
- constructed without a single nail
- peasant Russian homes “izba”
- blacksmith shops
In the peasant homes clay, wooden and birch-tree objects are on display. The Kremlin (The ancient Detinets) — is the heart of the Great Novgorod.
The Novgorod Kremlin impresses you with its mighty and solid look. There are nine towers on the Kremlin territory:
- St. Euphemius clocktower
- The Church of Entry into Jerusalem
- Hall of Facets
- Nikitsky block
- Ancient Office Building
- The St. Andrew the Martyr Church
- Episcopal palace with a Clocktower
- The Metropolitan’s palace
- The eternal flame.
The Kremlin (its ancient name «Detinets» was an administrative, social and religious center. The cathedral of St. Sophia — the cathedral church of St. Sophia – the God’s wisdom constructed between 1045-1050 is the main church of the Novgorod land. The grandeur, might, simplicity of style and laconic décor are characteristic for the cathedral and contribute to the image of the Great Novgorod. The absence of decorative details of the cathedral where only simple window frames stand against a white background of the walls adds up to the expressiveness of the architecture of the cathedral.
During our individual trip to the Great Novgorod you will see the most ancient and the tallest extant belfry construction — The Sophia belfry.
You will have a chance to see the unusual ancient landmarks characteristic of the Great Novgorod architecture:
- the monument to a 1000 years of Russia
- the Vlasius Church
- the Trinity church
- the Zverin Monastery of the Virgin Protectress
- St. Spirit Monastery
- the Church of Feodor the Martyr on a stream
- the Cathedral of the Holy Sign
- 12 apostles
- the city earth-mound
- the paintings on the Ilyin street
The Golden Treasury of the Great Novgorod located in the main building of the museum is of a special value. A collection of objects out of:
- precious metals
- wood and other materials counts about 200 exhibits.
All exhibits are taken from the sacristies of the local churches and monasteries, many of them are the masterpieces of world rank.
The Holarussia company invite you to Individual tour to the Great Novgorod near the St. Petersburg with personal guide!