The excursions tour to Pavlovsk with personal guide: Pavlovsk palace & Park in St. Petersburg shall introduce you to a strikingly beautiful ensemble consisting of a park and a palace.
✓ Paul the First lived in the Pavlovsk palace with his family. The grounds of the present park and palace complex was a gift of the tsarina Catherine the Great to her son Paul. The Pavlovsk park was designed as a landscape park and remains the largest landscape park in Europe to this day.
On the St. Petersburg Russia excursions tour you will learn about the history of the Pavlovsk palace and the large family of Paul the First. His second wife – Maria Fedorovna was a thrifty woman of a good taste. During the excursions tour to Pavlovsk with personal guide: Pavlovsk palace & Park in St. Petersburg of the palace you will take notice of her talent. Maria Fedorovna liked to make different objects by hand. She even knew joinery. In the palace you will see objects that the empress made by hand.
While the Pavlovsk palace in St. Petersburg was being constructed:
- The couple of Paul and Maria traveled in Europe together.
- They acquired paintings, sculpture, fabric and furniture.
Of course the time took its toll on the palace. After the World War II the palace had to be restored from the ruins. Because of the thorough notes left by the mistress of the Pavlovsk palace it was possible to restore the original design of the palace.
On excursions tour to Pavlovsk with personal guide: Pavlovsk palace & Park in St. Petersburg the visitors will admire the rooms of the palace and will visit the palace church
- It is not possible to visit every corner of the vast 600 hectares park on our tour. Our qualified guide will lead you by the most picturesque alleys and will give you free time to take in the nature and the landscape of this wonderful place.
- A river flows under the romantic bridges between the hills. Squirrels hide in the branches of graceful fir trees. In winter and in summer Pavlovsk park attracts many visitors and locals from the town of Pavlovsk and St. Petersburg.
- Here one can ride a bicycle, sled from a hill in the winter time, take a walk with you kids and spend time with your friends. In the winter a skating rink opens on the premises.
✓ The country tour to Pavlovsk allows you to not just see something that is an interesting museum exponent but to visit a cozy palace-home created with a personal touch of the empress Maria Fedorovna as a home of a loving family and to stroll in the Pavlovsk park that many generations of the city dwellers are devoted to.
The Holarussia company invite you to the excursions tour to Pavlovsk with personal guide: Pavlovsk palace & Park in St. Petersburg!