Private tour to the Storage Centre of Hermitage in St. Petersburg should be taken as an unusual one. And indeed, there are no other excursions that will allow you to get to know the way how the museum valuables are stored
Taking the private tour to the Storage Centre of Hermitage in St. Petersburg will allow you to:
- The tour starts in the Hermitage Storage Centre of St. Petersburg with a wonderful archeological find, i.e. a collected painting of the lost Pskov church: the murals of the 1380s.
- Then goes the collection of icons, including the Romanovs’ house.
- Next comes the storage room, which starts the private tour in the Staraya Derevnya Restoration and Storage Centre in St. Petersburg; the tour introduces exhibitors the rules for the storage of paintings. The guide tells stories about the paintings.
- Further on you will see the halls with furniture with the oldest items dated back to the 14th century.
- Court suit hall
- Coach collection: one of the richest in Russia
During the private tour to the Staraya Derevnya Restoration and Storage Centre in St. Petersburg, the employee of the restoration center reminds us that this is not just the museum: not all the exhibits can be restored. Even if they are in a very bad condition, but there are no other samples left, these won’t be touched. In this case there are no “gags” allowed: it is only possible to recreate it the way it was.
What is so interesting about the private tour in the Storage Centre of Hermitage in St. Petersburg?
Want to take a small rest in the tent of the Turkish sultan? No problem! A small break during the private tour in the Staraya Derevnya Restoration and Storage Centre in St. Petersburg and the guide’s story how the tent became a part of the collection and a chance to view the finest patterns from the inside will make the excursion even more interesting.
What is important to know about the private tour to the Hermitage Storage Centre in St. Petersburg
In general, there are huge number of exhibits in the in the Storage Centre. An hour and a half that take to get acquainted with the collection will pass in a single burst. But there is a slight hitch: taking photos is prohibited.
We invite you to take this amazing private tour to the Staraya Derevnya Restoration and Storage Centre of Hermitage in St. Petersburg together with us!