St. Petersburg sightseeing city tour is one the St. Petersburg excursions that we provide
The St. Petersburg sightseeing city tour allows you to get acquainted with the more than three hundred years history of one of the most beautiful cities and to admire the most interesting sights. Architectural ensembles and sometimes whole streets let alone separate buildings are included in the UNESCO –protected World Heritage List.
During the three hour St. Petersburg sightseeing city tour you shall not only see some of these sights from the bus but also take memorable photos on special photo stops.
The St. Petersburg sightseeing city tour takes you through:
- All of the Nevsky Prospect from the Alexandro-Nevsky Lavra located on the square of the same name on the Neva bank
- To the Palace square which surprisingly is situated on the Neva too.
The Nevsky prospect included in the sightseeing city tour of the St. Petersburg shore excursions extends between the Alexander Nevsky square and Palace square for 4,5 km. This is not the only riddle stored in St. Petersburg.
✓ Rest assured that on the St. Petersburg sightseeing city tour you shall not only hear dry history facts, you shall uncover a multitude of entertaining and sapid facts from the history of the city and the life of its inhabitants of different times.
After we reach the Neva river at the point where the most elegant and famous Palace bridge is spanned between the two banks, we shall follow it to the other bank. And here we are on the Spit of Vasilievsky Island!
Wherever you turn your head striking views durind the sightseeing city tour of the St. Petersburg – are unveiled as a feast for the eyes:
- The vast panorama of the Neva
- The delicate stucco molding of the Winter palace
- The shining gilding of the Peter and Paul cathedral
- The monumental grandeur of the Stock Exchange building.
It is a pity these words shall not echo as an image in your mind until you do come to St. Petersburg yourself and step to the marble skirting of the Neva embankment on the Spit. Why the Spit? This place is named the Spit since here the Vasilievsky island protrudes into the Neva in the shape of an arrow.
We leave this picturesque place and continue our St. Petersburg sightseeing city tour along the historical St. Petersburg
- We continue along the Kronwerk embankment past the first stone construction of St. Petersburg – The Peter and Paul Fortress. The date of the foundation of the Peter and Paul Fortress is the birthday of the city which is celebrated every year.
- Afterwards we come to the very first square of St. Petersburg – the Trinity square and the bridge with the same name will take us to the Field of Mars. On the left the Summer Garden and the notorious Michael Castle come into view. This bright building with unconventional architecture is the sight of the murder of the Russian emperor Paul the First.
- The route of our St. Petersburg sightseeing city tour will continue towards the jewel of all St. Petersburg Russia excursions – a multi-colored ginger-bread-looking Church of Savior on the Spilled Blood. One of the options of the city tour is a guided visit of this cathedral of St. Petersburg. “Spilled Blood” is a folk name. The full correct name of this church is the Church of Resurrection of Christ on the Blood. However the folk name became vernacular in connection with the bitter page of history that you will hear from the tour-guide on any city-tour in St. Petersburg.
- We shall also see the ensemble of the St. Isaac’s square dominated by the St. Isaac’s Cathedral during our city tour of St. Petersburg.
We invite you to our sightseeing city tour of St. Petersburg with the visit of The Church on the Spilled Blood!