For those who are getting acquainted with the brilliant city for the first time we recommend to order a St. Petersburg sightseeing tour with local guide with cabin of Peter the Great that includes a visit of the house of Peter the Great.
The Russia excursions St. Petersburg sightseeing tour will start from the spot of your choice
Together with local guide in St. Petersburg we will go to the Nevsky Prospect and the Palace Square:
- We will drive along the main thoroughfare past the lavish palaces of the empress Elizabeth and the Stroganov family, we will cross the proverbial rivers – Fontanka, Moika and the Griboyedov canal. The local guide in St. Petersburg will tell you how the Nevsky Prospect was being built and secrets and legends kept in its solemn mansions. On both sides of the street stretching for about 5 kilometers there stand the silent witnesses of the history of the Russian empire.
- The St. Petersburg sightseeing tour with local guide in St. Petersburg will take you from the Nevsky prospect to the Neva Embankment past the legendary statue of the Bronze Horseman. His outstretched arm will show us the way to the brilliant Winter Palace.
- The Winter Palace is one of a part of the Hermitage museum. Dozens of rooms and around 4 million of the greatest works of art from all over the world – this is the scale of the Hermitage museum. The Hermitage is the place to visit at least once in a lifetime. Our local guide in St. Petersburg will tell you the story of the construction of the Winter Palace, of the Alexander Column and the Palace square.
- Further on we will cross the river Neva by one of the most elegant bridges of St. Petersburg is the Palace Bridge. This gigantic cast-iron structure spreads its multi-ton wings every night to let the ships navigate on the Neva. Do not miss the opportunity to marvel at this show.
In course of the shore excursions with local guide in St. Petersburg sightseeing tour we will later find ourselves on the Spit of Vasilievsky island
- Two gigantic Rostrum columns await us there. They were constructed in the beginning of the 19th century by a French architect – Thomas de Thomon. Our local guide in St. Petersburg will tell you about the origin of their unusual name and the practical purpose they served.
- The local guide in St. Petersburg will point out the majestic elegant building of the Stock Exchange to you.
- Ahead of us is the oldest St. Petersburg construction – The Peter and Paul Fortress. The construction of the city started with the foundation of the fortress. You will have the opportunity to take a walk in the fortress, to see the first cathedral of St. Petersburg – The Peter and Paul Cathedral. Still in the times of Peter the Great the cathedral was the main burial vault of all the Russian princes and later of the emperors of Russia. At present the Peter and Paul Fortress is a museum in the museum. Several interesting expositions are located on its territory. The St. Petersburg sightseeing tour of the Fortress itself can take up to one day.
Later during the St. Petersburg sightseeing tour will point out the the Peter and Paul Fortress
- The House of Peter the Great, which is probably the most humble sight of the city. It was built in three days. We will make a stop here and visit the house of the tsar. As in a traditional Russian log-house – “izba” there are only two rooms separated by a “seni” – a sort of a mudroom. The house is assembled from pine logs, the roof is made of wood shingles. This was the first housing of the future emperor of the Russian empire. The guardians of the house in all times were very aware of its historical value and cherished it as an apple of one’s eye. In the end of the 18th century a stone casing was built around the house. The house is still in the same casing to this day and is now a memorial museum.
- After the visit to the House of Peter the Great whose construction inaugurated the creation of the New Russian Empire we will see the monument that became the embodiment of its collapse – the cruiser Aurora. Ironically they are now located very close to one another. A museum of military glory is now housed inside the ship.
- Our St. Petersburg sightseeing tour with local guide in St. Petersburg will continue on the square of his Highness the Russian prince – Alexander Nevsky – one of the main holy protectors of the city. One of the interesting sights of St. Petersburg is located here – a sculpture museum called the Necropolis of the Artists.
The St. Petersburg sightseeing tour will finish at the place where it starts or in any place convenient for you. We hope that you will have the best impressions of our tour with local guide in St. Petersburg.